Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Since the speed dating fiasco was such a failure, I decided to dabble in another form of unconventional pursuit of hooking up.
I researched online dating before I signed up for a couple sites, and it seemed that most of these venues hire roughly one-third of their participants to chat with subscribers just to keep them interested. These people are not looking to meet their soul mate online, but rather hook them into conversations that are literally going nowhere. The easiest target for this is single, desperate men.
So, I subscribed to GothScene and AmateurMatch to find out whether this was true, or if lonely soles actually have a shot at hooking up this way.
What I noticed was disturbing. I received instant messages from girls who didn't know me, but claimed they wanted to have sex with me because they read my profile. I couldn't believe it, and knew right away something was awry.
Both sites target desperate men. They post pictures of extremely hot women (which unwitting males believe have a real interest in them) who relentlessly beg for their targets to meet them, and implant their penises into various orifices on their bodies. The trick is, they never give out a phone number, location, or meeting site, so there is literally no chance for these suckers to ever score. Their goal is to get these men to subscribe to the site for a trial period for a monthly cost.
Mind, I'm going from a male perspective here, but this was extremely dissapointing to me, because I had heard that dating sites actually work for some people. This is not the case. These sites are just looking for men to subscribe, so they can collect around $30-$40 a month, just to entice these dupes, even though there's no real shot at a relationship.
So, all you lonely souls out there, excuse me again for being blunt, but there is no shot at scoring through an online site, at least from what I have noticed. You guys are just going to have to hit the bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment